Desert Island Must Have's



Here’s a post inspired by Azra and also my friend Mandy.  Both have said they’d be interested in seeing my ‘bucket list’  The thing is I have already done my ‘bucket list’ and having re visited my “Things I wanna do before I die”  find that I am still happy with it bar one thing:
 I want to go to a desert island.  
 I often talk about this with one of my friends when we go out and have mused over it for hours having so much fun about our possible adventures and what we would take with us.  This list changes every time we play, much like my ‘dinner guest’ list when I play that. Once at a wedding party our table talked about it for hours and hours and it got more stupid the more champagne we drank (funny that) until some of us actually ended up arguing about it. There were some people I knew I’d get along with famously were I to be stuck with them on an island and others I would have no qualms about eating.   The thing that most excites me is what you would bring to a desert island if you were able to take 10 things.
Heres my list: (subject to change dependent upon rules and mood)
1 - Global satellite. Positioned directly over my island for internet.
2 - Solar panel. To charge my.....
3 -  ipad.  This way I would have many books to read, ideas on how to cook grubs, make a fire, a state of the art log cabin, design clothes from banana leaves and build a raft. This one item (that I will no doubt get mocked for wanting to take) holds hours of entertainment and knowledge!  I could still write my blog, send pictures of my ordeal, listen to itunes, become fluent in Greek, learn how to charm a man eating tribe, how to survive a shark attack and so on. 
4 - An ipad charger.  Bet you thought I’d forgotten that.
5-  A boat.  If there were no restrictions on this it would obviously be a cruise liner with a fully stocked bar.
6- Bear Grylls.  Because this man can deal with outdoor survival and scary animals leaving me free to read and sunbathe and...
7 - Gordon Ramsay because he is a michelin star chef and can make all the things Bear catches taste delicious.   With these two on my island I could be assured of an amazing spit roast.  ERRRR..... I”M TALKING ABOUT THE COOKING!  Plus Gordon Ramsay has very big feet.  They were a size 15 when he was in his teens!   You know what they say about men with big feet?  That’s right, they are very good at swimming so he would also be able to dive into the sea for fresh fish and knock up a great bouillabaisse or paella style desert island dish.  
8- Sunglasses.  Big ones.  Perfectly protected eyes and no need for makeup.
9 - Sun tan lotion.  I’m not burning!  I want a nice even tan. 
10 - I’m now torn between toothpaste, an aged oak barrel of wine or a blanket.  I really can’t decide.  If I’m allowed a cruise liner with a fully stocked bar I can forgo the wine.  If I get cold then bear grills can skin me a...no, no, maybe I could get a cuddle instead or fashion something out of leaves.  I hate being cold.  I’ll go with the toothpaste.
Now then - if you were dropped off at my desert island what would you bring?  Make it good or I won’t let you borrow my ipad!