I actually hate the saying "kick the bucket" However I have decided that I am going to write down my 'bucket list' so I can keep tabs on it and make sure I'm heading in the right direction to dream fulfillment. Like a business plan one needs to know where the target is in order to aim in the right direction! I've just got one those emails that do the rounds: "Dance like no one is watching you, sing like no one is listening and live every day like it's your last!" Well I haven't got enough money to do that or I would be spending every week in a different country with a margarita in each hand! However these things make me think, analyse, fret and realise my mortality and impending doom. So rather than do my accounts (for I would NOT be doing those if this were my last day) I am planning my future wishes so I can hopefully attain them before something sideswipes me on a wet Wednesday morning! I have no doubt they will change and be added to because I have an enthusiasm for adventure but I guess we will all leave this earth with a full in tray. Probably the only thing I will regret.
My Bucket List
- Earn more money (kind of necessary to fulfill the expensive dreams I have)
- Win the lottery (Not sure if this is allowed on a bucket list but its going on mine! Think positive and positive will arrive)
- Travel to as many countries as I can.
- Travel write.
- Drive across America in a '67 chevy Impala.
- Go to the carnival in Rio de Janeiro (and dance like no one is watching me)
- Own an apartment in midtown Manhattan.
- Have a one to one with the Dalai Lama (see if he knows his stuff)
- Walk the coast of the Britain (not when it's raining though)
- Get a body like Beyonce (better keep going to the gym then...)
- Interview Karl Pilkington (and squeeze his head)
- Write a book ( see 4 above - need the Dalai to still my mind and teach me focus)
- Be able to work from anywhere in the world.
- Meet as many interesting and entertaining people as possible (travel a must then)
- Eat at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant.
- Have dinner on a beautiful beach served by a butler.
- Have an Aston Martin for at least a day.
I think that's enough to be going on with for now. I'm off to put a lottery ticket on as I think I could just about cover all the above with a couple of million!