Autumnal

Autumn.  Beautiful to look at with the burnishing colours and changing scenery but a season where I don't really know what I'm doing.  You see I'm fresh out of summer and I know exactly what's going on there; it's hot (well sometimes) and I wear summer clothes, I eat salad and ice cream and also dine al fresco.  I sip rose wine, put my hair in a bun and dilly dally in flip flops.  But now...now I'm in limbo.  A bit like a diet where you are no longer a 12 but your still not a 10 - you're more of an 11 which quite frankly doesn't work.  Autumn is very much like this to me.  What should I wear?  Is it too early for boots yet?  Should the heating go on?  I'm getting cold but it's not really quite cold enough.  Too hot for jumpers too cold for T-shirts.   Still sunny enough for big glasses but need a scarf on it's a bit windy.  Should I change my bag yet?  If so should it be a warm autumnal brown or should I go straight for black gloss?  Crazy.  Bring on the winter and pass me my coat and gloves!